Stock Holding Quality Points of Difference
June 7th, 2017 by Amanda Schumann
Examples of our stock holding quality points of difference include: –
- Anti corrosive film on internals and gasket face
- Selected stainless and zinc plated top works components.
- Stainless external components such as sealant injection nipples on premium brand ball valves.
- Equilibrated 2-stage disc on large size globe valves as well as hammer blow hand wheels.
- API600 heavy wall in stainless steel gate valves.
- API608/API6D/ANSI B16 floating ball valves with high tensile bolting even in stainless body, not Taiwanese light wall valves with light duty bolts.
- Our F51 stock has corrosion test certification, Duplex or B8m plus Xylan coated bolts, stainless steel levers, etc.
- Our metal seated lubricated plug valves are now stocked with hard F6A/410 plug and stem in most sizes. F6A/410 stainless steel is 50% harder than 316 stainless steel and also has a much higher tensile strength. In addition to being 410 stainless, the plug, stem and lower diaphragm/plate is also nitrided in most sizes. This guarantees long life for oil & gas service providing good resistance to erosion and corrosion but also makes these valves suitable for dirty and mildly abrasive service applications.
- ENP trim on ball valves is .003″ (0.76mm) not .001″ like many brands. In addition it is hardened to 67RC minimum (900VHN). The A105/ LF2 gland and trunnion is also specified as ENP, unlike many other brands.
Our specifications always surpass market requirements. For example features like stainless or galvanised body bolts, packing bolts and body fittings are frequently specified even when it is not the industry standard.
Custom Fast Track Manufacturing: –
We stock sub-assembled components in our own facility and at our various manufacturer’s facilities, that can be custom manufactured with required end connections, trim, bonnet design and operator in a very short lead time with the current certificate and then air-shipped direct to the required location.
The sub-assembled valve components are kept in Australia, Korea, Italy and China on behalf of Global Supply Line by our manufacturers. Our strong relationship with these manufacturers allows us to have them manufactured as required by our clients, not only in short delivery but also with all the required quality assurance testing. This enables us to supply to our clients exacting requirements, even down to the preferred brand and model of o-ring. For example click here for our relationship with Australian Pipeline Valve and Factory Fresh Program.
Examples of stock holding certification and accreditation points of difference: –
In addition to 50049-3.1 (EN10204-3.1) certification requirements, valves in stock are held with a higher than required level of certification. Brands stocked have major approvals and certificates like SIL3, AGA, Shell TAT & SIPM, Fugitive emissions prototype (TAT), Lloyds LNG cryogenic approval, API6D, API6A etc. Other examples include:
- Dye penetrant test on all welded bonnets and all beveled buttweld ends on cast valves.
- Corrosion test, ultrasonic test (& dye penetrant on castings) on F51 Duplex.
- Certification on major trim components.
- Corrosion allowance 2.0 to 3.0 mm.
Also go to the quality section of the Australian Pipeline Valve (APV) website for an extensive list of APV quality points of difference.
We are unique in stocking not just valves but the full range of associated pipeline products like studs, gaskets, strainers, fittings, flanges etc to provide total turn-key supply from one point. With our central stock holding you don’t have to wait weeks for us to marshal products from various interstate branches or sub suppliers. For project orders, customers can inspect all items together in one consignment. Single source supply brings clear benefits: there is only one purchase order, one inspection cost and one shipping cost. We consolidate projects and simplify the process. To enable quick delivery we often combine stock with rush air freight shipments from local and overseas stockists or short lead time factories in order to meet urgent project requirements. Major projects are a big part of Global Supply Line’s business. As well as our main facility we also operate another two premises in the Salisbury Plain area, one of which is used exclusively for laying out, inspecting and sorting large projects.
Global Supply Line’s policy has been to continuously increase stock levels. This has proved advantageous, drawing in new clients who have been unable to source valves elsewhere. Global Supply Line listens to what customers want whilst also working with manufacturers to continually upgrade the specifications of our stock holdings. We constantly review all new and upgraded products manufactured and, if there is a market need we will stock it, particularly if it is a niche’ product.
Within the higher quality arena, Global Supply Line has the most efficient and competitive supply procurement chain in the business. We understand valves and we know the strengths and weaknesses of all ‘levels’ of manufacturers. We will work with your risk management department to explain when, where and why a price variance is justified for a higher specification of valve.
Seat testing optional, did you know? The table below shows API598 testing is optional in several key test areas. Global Supply Line & Australian Pipeline Valve always perform all tests whether optional or not, whether from stock or indent. In addition GSL also provide full certification, all trim components to EN 10204 3.1 even though the standard only requires it on pressure containing body materials. We supply full certifications on major trim components as well. Again whether it be from ex-stock or on an indent project basis.